Firstly I must apologies for my absence! I’ve been a little MIA since the end of July and I’m only just finding some space and time to begin to write again. At one point I have 400 emails in my Claire’s Itchy Feet email…
So where have I been I hear you ask? Well firstly as you may guess from the tagline “Dance travelling the world…” I’m a dancer, and a choreographer. The company I Co-Founded received funding for me to choreograph a new piece on them called ‘Etch’ which will tour from September 2016. So I was busy in the studio in August/ September making the piece. If you would like to see more take a look at the promo film.
However the really big news is that over the past 3 months I have been selling/ binning/ gifting all of my ‘stuff’, handing over Exim and finishing up my work as a dance producer and moving to the other side of the country! Last week was my final week living in Plymouth, UK, My home for the past 13 years. I’ve moved back ‘up north’ to Liverpool and into the spare room at my Aunts house for the next three months before I leave the UK for the foreseeable future. So HUGE changes for me! I’m going to be spending the next 3 months focusing on my blog as well as my freelance digital nomad work and getting some courses done to prepare for my new nomadic lifestyle…more to come on this over the coming weeks.
While I was away some pretty exciting things happened! I was chosen to join the Skyscanner Elite Team so I’ll be able to share lots of great tips about flight booking as well as some great deals and I was also awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Helen from Beautiful is my Attire. If you would like to know more about the award you can read up on it here.
So here are 7 things about me:
- I’ve had a lot of jobs…like so many and I loved them all. I’ve been in the Royal Navy, worked in a pharmacy, a Deli, managed a coffee shop, picked Tomato’s (I actually hated that one), Professional Dancer, Make-up Artist, Receptionist at Toni and Guy…I could go on.
- I used to HATE any kind of vegetable and I recently became a vegetarian. I think my Mum and Dad are still a little shocked by this revelation. As a child I would refuse to eat anything apart from ham sandwiches. Then I started eating carrots in my mid twenties and gradually started eating more and more veg then this year I stopped eating meat.
- I’ve gone from owning 20+ pairs of shoes to 5! Yup they have all gone…I’m now the proud owner of the most sensible shoe collection ever. I did keep my bright yellow heels though, just in case!
- I’m learning Spanish. In spite of 2 years tuition at school I’m still not very good but my first stop on my trip is to Guatemala to take 4 weeks intensive tuition at the Cooperative school.
- I love French TV and Films. My fav at the moment is The Bureau season 2 has just come onto Amazon and I’m hooked.
- I’m terrified of heights. And Flying. And Bridges. Oh and driving up or down mountains. Basically I like my feet on the floor, preferably in the sand or the sea.
- I hate the cold. My little sister lives up the in the French Alps, its beautiful, I’m always up for a summer visit but you won’t ever see me there in the winter, the snow just doesn’t do it for me.
OK so here are my 15 nominations:
Thanks again to Helen for my nomination.
**This post and others that I will be writing including Skyscanner are as a brand ambassador for them. However, this post and all others are 100% my honest views and experiences. I would NEVER advocate for a company that I didn’t love and use personally.
Make sure to subscribe to get all of my travel tips direct into your inbox as soon as they are posted.