Going on holiday is the most exciting time of the year. It gives you and your partner or friends a chance to relax from the responsibilities of work, have a great time together, and explore a new place in the world. Given that going on holiday is a rare treat, you want to make sure that you spend your money wisely and make the most of your time away. To help you to start to see just how brilliant your holiday could be, this guide has been put together to show you how to plan and enjoy the perfect getaway like a celebrity.
Below, you will find all the tips and ideas you are going to need to plan the holiday of your dreams this summer season.
Stay in luxury
If you want to get the most out of your time away, then you will want to get an amazing place to stay. While it can be tempting to go for something budget when choosing accommodation in order to save a few penny’s, if you can’t splash out on some luxury when planning a holiday, then when can you?
A fantastic option to consider is getting one of the luxurious villas in Lanzarote for your stay. A villa will give you so much more freedom and space to relax in on your getaway, and the beautiful setting of Lanzarote will provide you with some incredible views to enjoy. With the glorious beaches right on your doorstep and villas offering a private pool, you can live the life of a VIP and soak up the sun with style.
Find delicious food
Going on holiday is also a chance to indulge in some amazing food and explore the taste of a whole new culture. Instead of staying in and cooking as you do at home after a long day at work, you can sample the menus at the top places to eat in Lanzarote.
For example, La Tegala is a stunning restaurant that serves Canarian cuisine that changes with the seasons, with breath-taking views of Fuerteventura all year round. El Lago is a chic and smart restaurant that is popular with the locals and set against the backdrop of the ocean and is a must for holiday goers like yourself.
Dress to impress
A holiday is a chance for you to be your best self and feel amazing, which means that you can go all out when it comes to fashion. If you want to feel like a celebrity on your stay, then taking a look at what celebrities wear on holiday is a great place to get some inspiration.
This doesn’t mean you have to spent loads on money on designer brands but rather that you can get creative with the clothes that you already have and simply buy some old accessories to jazz things up. Remember to have a check around local charity shops and on second-hand sites like eBay, as you can sometimes find amazing bargains there that will help you to look incredible during your time out in the sun.
Take in the sites
The final thing you need to do if you want to have the holiday of your dreams is to plan out where you want to go and what you want to see. There are plenty of online guides that will help you work out what the best places to visit are around Lanzarote and plan your days out.
An amazing place to go if you are a fan of nature and serenity is El Golfo, which is also known as the Green Lake. Depending on what time of day it is, the lake will appear to you as different colors and is a sight to behold that you don’t want to miss.
Papagayo Beach is widely considered the most famous and the most beautiful seaside destination in all of Lanzarote. The beach is a completely natural wonder which isn’t covered in tourist shops and stalls, allowing you just to enjoy your surroundings. Before you arrive, pop to the local shop on your way and get some tasty food and drinks to have while you’re there.
Now that you have got a better idea of just how amazing your summer holiday could be this year, the only thing left to do now is get planning. Sit down tonight and do some research about the place you want to stay and what you can do while you are out there to ensure you make some incredible memories to treasure for a lifetime.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.