ailAs you might have already heard from my social media and previous blog post, I’m really excited to have partnered with Yellow Zebra Safaris, as they are launching a blogger competition where you lucky bloggers have the chance to win a once in a lifetime safari to Tanzania.
To enter all you have to do is write a blog post about your favorite holiday experience. Easy right? Well, to make it even easier, I have done an entry sample below for you to get inspired. Read on and don’t forget to check the official competition page for all the details!
My Favorite Vacation in Thailand
When I saw Yellow Zebra Safaris were launching a competition and challenging bloggers to write about their favorite vacation I knew I had to write about Thailand.
I visited Thailand a few years ago with my best friend for 3 weeks and it was the best vacation I have been on so far. We spent 3 weeks traveling from Chiang Mai in the North of Thailand all the way down to Krabi in the south, before island hopping our way back up to Bangkok.
What made Thailand my favorite vacation
Thailand had everything I wanted in a vacation; action, adventure, and culture. I loved exploring the ancient temples in Bangkok and Ayutthaya. The history and beauty there is exquisite. We also ventured further north to the city of Chiang Mai where we spent 3 days hiking up mountains, sliding down waterfalls and trekking through the jungle. During those 3 days, we stayed in a local village with a tribe who shared with us their food and hospitality. It really was the most incredible experience.
Although, after a week of nonstop temple exploring and hiking in the north of Thailand I was happy to head south to do some island hopping.
The second part of the vacation we completely changed the pace. After camping and hiking, we were ready for some luxury, so booked a few nights in a luxury hotel in Phuket. For me, it’s always so important to balance out action and adventure with a bit of luxury and pampering!
The last 2 weeks of our vacation we spent hopping from island to island. Eating amazing Thai street food, getting to know the local customs and visiting more temples of course! We even managed to squeeze in a few days at a yoga retreat center.
I can honestly say it was the best vacation experience of my life. It felt liberating to have so much freedom to make plans, break plans, and be completely spontaneous.
This trip was also the birth of Claire’s Itchy Feet! Travel blogs were so helpful for me when traveling to Thailand that I decided to start my own to add in all of the extra things I learned in Thailand that I hadn’t found on blogs.Wat Maha That
Tanzania, my next dream destination
If there is one continent I want to explore more it would be Africa. I have already spent time in The Gambia, Siera Leone, Ghana, and South Africa. But one place I am dying to go is Tanzania.
Ever since my first visit to The Gambia and Cape Town back in 2005 I knew I wanted to return and experience the magic of a safari in Tanzania. Yes, I know other African countries have amazing safaris too. But do they have the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Kilimanjaro, and Zanzibar?
I want to experience a safari in Tanzania because it has so many of the things I love in a vacation. Wildlife, action, adventure, and culture. Enjoying a safari with Yellow Zebra
Safaris would also mean being able to balance all of that action and adventure with the luxury of staying in beautiful places and exquisite service.
Your chance to win a dream safari in Tanzania:
So that’s my entry sample for the competition.
Now it’s over to you fellow bloggers! All you have to do to enter Yellow Zebra Safaris’ competition is to write your own post, just like the above, telling me (and the rest of the world) about your favorite vacation.
If you are a blogger/ influencer and you want to tap into your wild side, then a luxury safari in Tanzania must be on your bucket list. It has the perfect balance of action, adventure, wildlife with a sprinkling of luxury.
Entering couldn’t be simpler!
All you have to do is follow my example and write about the most amazing vacation you have ever been on. You could write about anywhere in the world you have traveled to. For full details just head over to the competition page and then get writing.
The competition is open: 1st October
Entries will be closing: 31st October
Winner announced: 28th November
I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this competition! I’m so looking forward to getting to read all about your vacations and adventures.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.