If you have been following my blog for a while or you follow me on Social Media, you will already know I’m animal obsessed. You will also know I hate any kind of unethical animal encounter. Period. From swimming with dolphins to riding on elephants.
As an animal lover having ethical wildlife encounters is important to me. It is something I’m always conscious of every time I do any tour involving animals. I do my research. It is not just my responsibility as a tourist, but also as a travel influencer to set an example for others.
Since my good friend Wandering Redhead started plastering her Safari pictures on her Instagram account giving me total vacation envy I’ve been googling best African safari on a daily basis.
But how does a responsible traveler choose the right safari in Africa?
There is a lot to consider when looking into an African Safari:
- What country and areas to travel to
- Which company to book with
- How to be sure the company you go with are ethical
- Finding a great company that can work with your budget and preferences
With so many companies around it can be difficult to know who to trust. However, the one company that stood out for me was Yellow Zebra Safaris.
So who is Yellow Zebra Safaris?
On one of my daily searches, I came across Yellow Zebra who ticked all of my boxes and more! They are a luxury adventure travel company specializing in ‘Safari Africa’. They have won multiple awards, been named as Europe’s Leading Safari Tour Operator four years in a row and been featured in National Geographic no less. Oh and not to mention their 9.9 score on TrustPilot! I knew with this company I had hit the jackpot.
What I was most impressed with though was Yellow Zebra’s section dedicated to Solo Adventures! They were the first company I found who went into detail to help solo travelers like me. They give you options to join groups (assisting solo travelers to save money) then have a list of accommodation that won’t charge the dreaded single supplement, AND they have even written a whole blog post dedicated to helping out us lone wolves. It is refreshing to find this level of care and consideration for solo travelers.
Yellow Zebra Safaris designs safaris to several African countries from South Africa to Uganda. But for me, there is no contest. I want to go to Tanzania. Not only does Tanzania offer the best safaris but they also have a little mountain called Kilimanjaro I have been desperate to climb…
Would you like to win a safari with Yellow Zebra Safaris?
Of course you do!
I’m delighted to be able to announce today that I have partnered with them on an incredible competition to win a once in a lifetime safari in Tanzania. As part of the trip, you will fly out to Tanzania and spend seven nights touring Tanzania getting to visit Arusha, Tarangire, and the Serengeti.
The competition opens on the 1st of October, so, for now, all you need to do is:
- Visit the competition page here to know more details and how to enter
- Follow Claire’s Itchy Feet and Yellow Zebra Safaris on Instagram if you want to be keep updated.
- You can also follow Claire’s Itchy Feet and Yellow Zebra Safaris on Facebook as we will be sharing information on there too.
- Check my blog post on the 1st of October to see my sample entry.
- Or sign up for my newsletter to get a reminder and my sample entry right into your inbox on the 1st of October.
I can’t wait to share my sample entry with you all very soon!
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.