Blogging has certainly become more popular over the years, especially as it has provided for many, a full-time or at least part-time income. For many, blogging is a great way to express your opinion freely on a platform but to also have the opportunity to make money. Here are the benefits of blogging as a side hustle and why you might want to consider it for yourself.
It Offers Flexibility
Having a side hustle can be fun, and many people have not just for the financial addition it can bring but for quality of life. It’s good to have something you can do around your full-time job if that job isn’t something you want to leave. Blogging can offer that flexibility of a side hustle that might not be possible for other hobbies or interests. When it comes to blogging, you can set your own hours or figure out what amount of blogging you want to contribute on a weekly or monthly basis. That flexibility can be great for those who simply want to build on their writing skills but don’t want to be restricted by certain time restraints that other hobbies can involve. If you wanted to work in the late evening or write a post early in the morning before work, you can do it.
Easy To Maintain
With blogging, it’s a relatively easy side hustle to maintain. You don’t have to do a lot to ensure you’re benefiting from it. For example, you might only post a few blog posts every month, but you don’t have to do much to the post after it’s gone live. You may want to promote it across your social media or share it privately to friends and family, but apart from that, there’s very little needed to do.
Gives You The Opportunity For A Passive Income
When it comes to generating a passive income, not every side hustle is possible to do that, but with blogging, you do have options to make it passive. If you have a certain topic area that you discuss like SEO, for example, you could create ebooks or courses that end up making you money when people buy them online. It may require you to generate a following, but it can certainly help to make money without having to do anything on your part.
You Can Work From Anywhere
If you wanted to transform your blogging side-hustle into a business then you can always use virtual benefits like a physical address to look more professional. Blogging allows you to work from anywhere you want to, whether it’s in your home, at your friend’s house, or on the train during your morning travel to work. Having this can be a great advantage when it comes to running a side hustle, especially when it’s making you money. Other side hustles might not give you the same opportunity to work anywhere you want as blogging does.
Blogging as a side hustle is worth doing nowadays, so if you love writing, why not give it a go?
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.