Whether you’re about to go on a holiday or planning a future trip, you should factor in the importance of crystals for travel. Their positive vibes will ensure your trip is a success. Crystals for travel protection can also help you deal with the hectic environment of departures and arrivals.
In this post, you will learn all about how to travel with crystals as well as knowing the best crystals for travel.
Why should you travel with Crystals?
- Help with Jet Lag in new time zones and on the return home.
- Create a protective shield around you when you’re in crowds.
- Keep you calm and soothe your anxiety in stressful situations.
- Make you feel at home and help you sleep well in new surroundings.
- Guard against x-ray scanners at the airport.
Which crystals are best for travel protection
The decision of which crystals to bring with you, on the other hand, can be a challenge. For some, the scales at the terminal would go over the limit with the weight of our collections, and there is a need to focus on the best crystals for travel protection. While for others, this may be an introduction to how crystals can benefit you when you plan your next trip.
How to Care for your Crystals while traveling
For practicality and because I like beautiful things, I wear crystal jewelry like my Chakra Bracelet every day. It’s a perfect way to keep beneficial stones with me at all times. At night, my jewelry is placed on a Selenite Plate to cleanse and charge. In the morning, I give them intention with my goals for the day ahead.
Before you travel be sure to cleanse your stones and jewelry with a sage smoke bath or lay them on a Selenite crystal. Create the intention for them to protect, keep you calm and help ensure you have a fantastic trip.
When you travel, a sage smudging stick or Selenite plate may not be a practical carry-on. I’m going to give a great tip on how to cleanse your crystals when you travel, check out Tip #5.
To showcase the best crystals for safe travel to take on your trip, here are a few ways to keep them with you at all times. We’ll see which crystals ward off negative energy and block electromagnetic radiation, and which ones keep you calm. Let’s take a look!
Choosing the best crystals for safe travel
Malachite is a stone of change and transition. Traveling from one time-zone to another is its specialty, so it helps with jet lag. It can also help you overcome your fear of flying.
Known as the guardian stone for a reason, Malachite protects you from harm. This includes negative energy, accidents, time delays or any type of radiation. It’s especially beneficial in airport security and can protect you from the harmful emissions of x-rays.
Malachite also absorbs pollutants in the air and therefore, helps with asthma and allergies. You can even use it as a pain reliever if your travels coincide with monthly cramps or any other aches and pains. There are so many benefits to have Malachite with you at all times.
To create an energy field of protection, wear Malachite Bracelets on each arm when you travel.
Aquamarine is a stone of tolerance and good luck. I don’t know about you, but travel can be very stressful, and most of it’s due to lack of patience. Generally speaking, tolerance of situations, lineups, and inept service is essential when you travel. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, take a deep breath and hope luck is on your side. This crystal will reduce your stress, lessen your tension and keep you calm.
Known to protect you anywhere near water, Ancient lore speaks of Aquamarine being a Mermaid treasure. Seamen also used it as a talisman against drowning and seasickness. If you plan any travel by boat or over water, it is essential to have this crystal with you. Aquamarine will also protect your Aura from outside negative energy.
Shungite is a stone from out of this world, literally. Estimated at over 2 billion years old, it’s only found in one place on earth, a meteoroid site at Lake Onega, Russia. The Shungite filters the water in this lake which has been used in spas for centuries. Shungite contains every known element on the periodic table and is thought to be instrumental in the origins of life on Earth. This carbon-based mineral can filter, absorb and neutralize all negative energy before it can attach to your aura.
When you travel, you can expose yourself to germs and other ailments when you are in crowds, or when you eat foods from new places. The tolerance of your immune system can become challenging when you travel. Known to cure gastric problems, Shungite is a solution because it absorbs pesticides, bacteria, and free radicals. In essence, it filters pretty much everything!
On top of those benefits, Shungite also treats burns, sore throats, allergies and numerous other ailments we seem to pick up abroad. Antioxidant molecules called fullerenes are key to this process. Their discovery earned a Nobel Prize. These molecules absorb all electromagnetic radiation (EMF’s), microwave and other harmful chemicals.
Amethyst is my all-around go-to crystal for travel. It keeps you calm, helps you sleep, and also keeps you alert and sober in a strange place.
When you travel, you have to look at maps, navigate new cities and coordinate tour times. You also have to find new places to eat and new landscapes to explore. Amethyst promotes emotional centering and helps you stay focused. This crystal keeps you in control so you can enjoy all your trip has to offer. It can also enhance your memory.
My favorite thing about Amethyst is it brings a restful sleep. It’s always hard for me to get to sleep in hotel rooms but when I have this crystal under my pillow, I instantly fall asleep.
Amethyst will repel any negative energy and turns it into love. When you have this crystal with you, it will help make your trip perfect.
Selenite instills deep peace and calm when you travel. It has a fine vibration which clears confusion and stabilizes erratic emotions. This stone is another great crystal to wear when you travel because it assists your judgment and gives you insight. Generally speaking, it helps you stick to your plan and visit all the destinations on your itinerary without getting lost.
As one of the most powerful crystals in the world, Selenite is an essential stone on your travels because it prevents the necessity of smudging. It can clear and cleanse your body, your surrounding environment, and your crystal jewelry when you travel. When you have Selenite with you, it’s a simple and effective way to block negative energy and retain your light.
Top Tip: Wear a Selenite Necklace to keep your energy positive. It can also be used as a powerful tool to cleanse your other travel stones.
I hope you enjoyed this brief look into which crystals are most beneficial to take on your next trip. These practical tips for wearing crystals ensures your holiday is a success. When Claire travels to South America again this year, she will have all the crystals she needs. She’ll know the perfect ones for protection, to keep calm and stay positive!
If you would like to find out more about these and other crystals, crystal jewelry, and crystal decor you can find me here at the Adele Walsh Blog. Make sure to check out and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Like this post?
Then you might also be interested in these articles:
This post was proofread by Grammarly
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.