I’m not really someone who blogs about blogging. But I wanted to put together these blogging resources because after several years running Claire’s Itchy Feet and setting up a Digital Marketing Agency it’s safe to say I know a thing or two about making it in the online world.
I wrote a detailed review of my favorite blogging courses that have helped me to grow Claire’s Itchy Feet. You can read it here.
One of the most important pieces of advice I can give to any new bloggers is that you should connect to others. Bloggers are a friendly bunch generally and we love to help each other out. Many of the big bloggers who run courses also have Facebook groups and online communities where you can connect. Not only can other bloggers help answer your questions but following the bloggers and reading other travel blogs and following their social media it really will inspire you and give you something to aim for.
Can’t be bothered to read my review, no worries I’ve linked all my favorite blogging courses below.
Explore my blogging posts
There comes a point in every aspiring blogger’s career when you realize you need a blogger media kit. This may
Heading to NYC and want to make the most of being in one of the most Instagrammed cities in the
Blogging has certainly become more popular over the years, especially as it has provided for many, a full-time or at
As a lover of Instagram, I’m always on the hunt for interesting Instagram captions to go alongside my photos. So,
You’ve probably heard a lot of whining from your fellow travel bloggers in the last few days. Traffic is down!
Looking for some inspirational traveling women to follow on Instagram? I feel constantly inspired by the way other women are
It’s easy when you are an SEO geek like me to get a bit carried away and forget that most
Becoming a Digital Nomad and traveling the world working from wherever your laptop is set up is the dream right?
Feeling totally overwhelmed?
Don’t worry it’s normal, especially if you are just starting out.
If there is something specific that you want hep with then I offer 121 advice sessions at a cost of $100 per session.
You simply fill out a form telling me what you want to talk about. We book in an hour slot and I do a little research to prepare for our session.
Once the session is over I’ll send you any notes and follow up things we talked about like links to great websites and resources etc within 24 hours.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Workpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Workpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- 12Go – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then 12Go is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and air travel.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.