Explore South America...
I’m a bit obsessed with Latin America and slowly working my way through my South American Bucket list. I’ve spent years living in different Latin American countries and can’t see myself leaving anytime soon! One of the best things about traveling in South America is how many crazy cheap places to visit in South America there are.
Most of my content is on Colombia, as I lived there for some time. But I also have a few guest posts on other countries for you to browse.
My most popular countries
My top South America posts
- Yoga Retreat Colombia
- The Cost of Travel in Colombia on Any Budget
- 2 Week Backpacking Ecuador Itinerary
- Colombia Travel Tips from Someone Who Actually Lived there
- The Ultimate Colombia Backpacking Route
- The Best Places to Stay in Bogota Colombia
- Where to stay in Medellin Colombia
- What I Learned Traveling Solo in Colombia as a Woman
- Visiting a Cacao Farm in Colombia
- 3 weeks on the Caribbean Coast Colombia
- The Ultimate Guide to Medellin Nightlife
- Is Medellin Safe for Solo Female Travelers?
- The Medellin Digital Nomads Guide
- Learning Spanish in Medellin
- Learning to Salsa in Medellin
- Using Public Transport in Medellin
- The Complete Guide to The Lost City Trek Colombia
- Tour Cabo de la Vela (and Punta Gallinas) in Colombia
Download my packing list
Feeling totally overwhelmed?
Don’t worry it’s normal, especially if you are planning your first trip. Or considering a big life change like becoming a digital nomad.
If there is something specific that you want hep with then I offer 121 advice sessions at a cost of $100 per session.
You simply fill out a form telling me what you want to talk about. We book in an hour slot and I do a little research to prepare for our session.
Once the session is over I’ll send you any notes and follow up things we talked about like links to great websites, personalized travel itineraries etc within 24 hours.
Explore my South America blog posts
I know a lot of people can be a bit nervous before traveling to Colombia, so I wanted to put
Backpacking in Colombia and need to figure out how to get from Cali to Medellin or from Medellin to Cali?
Are you planning a trip to Salento Colombia? In this post, I’m going to go into detail on everything you
Are you flying into Bogota? If you are then you are probably wondering how to get from Bogota airport to
If you are traveling in Colombia you are probably at some point going to want to travel from Bogota to
If you are planning a trip or a move to Colombia you may be feeling a little nervous, especially if
If you are looking for a budget-friendly yoga retreat Colombia is sure to tick a lot of your boxes. Not
As a woman traveling solo in Colombia I found the most challenging thing was other people’s concern for my safety.
If you are backpacking around Colombia it is important to know the best way to get from A to B.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? Well to help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Workpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodationg then you need Workpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- 12Go – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then 12Go is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and air travel.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digita Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.