If there is one thing I’ve gotten good at over the past few years, it’s booking travel.
In this section I’ve rounded up all of my favorite tried and tested companies. Theses are my go to places when I need to book anything as they never fail to help me find the best prices.
I’m a Skyscanner girl. I know everyone has their flight search booking engine of choice, well this is mine. It has ever failed to help me find the best prices on flights. Some prefer google flights, which pretty much does the same thing, I just don’t find it as easy to use personally.
As far as I’m concerned no other company comes close to Booking.com for ease of use and selection worldwide. It is my first port of call, always. Once I’ve checked there I then move on to Airbnb, and finally Hostel World. I also like to check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.
I must admit, I don’t always like to pre book tours or experiences before I arrive at a place. But when I’m researching I love looking through Viator, Airbnb, and TripAdvisor. I also love booking tours with Walks so I always see if they have anything in the place I’m visiting.
In the wise words of Nomadic Matt, if you can’t ford travel insurance, then you can’t afford to travel! Like most other travel bloggers I’m a fan of World Nomads. It is who I personally have used in the past, and who I will continue to use in the future.
You can use the search box below to get a quote.
Staying connected to WiFi is important to me as a Digital Nomad. So one thing I never leave home without is my TEPPY! This little guy helps me stay online no matter where I am. You can rent or buy depending on your personal circumstances. They can deliver it to you pretty much worldwide.
If you don’t have a VPN yet then you really need one. I personally use SaferVPN and it does everything I need! I can watch HULU no matter where I am in the world. I can search for flight deals without revealing where in the world I am, and it keeps all my data secure when I’m on an insecure network.
Must have travel essentials
Looking for the perfect backpack? Or maybe you need to update your carry-on? Not sure what camera to take with you on your travels?
In these guides I’ve reviewed my favorite travel gear to help you make sure you travel like a pro.
Not sure what to pack on your next trip? No worries just take a read of my packing guides.
Going on a solo trip is one of the most rewarding experiences you can embark on. But although liberating, it
If you are planning a backpacking trip to Colombia’s Caribbean coast you may be wondering what to pack? Well, look
Travel planning blog posts
Being a solo traveler is a challenging thing itself, but when it comes to nomad lifestyle — language can boost
Looking for some inspirational traveling women to follow on Instagram? I feel constantly inspired by the way other women are
I like to consider myself pretty well-traveled. I mean I am a travel blogger after all! Which means I know
Need some help?
Feeling totally overwhelmed?
Don’t worry it’s normal, especially if you are planning your first trip. Or considering a big life change like becoming a digital nomad.
If there is something specific that you want hep with then I offer 121 advice sessions at a cost of $100 per session.
You simply fill out a form telling me what you want to talk about. We book in an hour slot and I do a little research to prepare for our session.
Once the session is over I’ll send you any notes and follow up things we talked about like links to great websites, personalized travel itineraries etc within 24 hours.
Feeling nervous about traveling solo for the first time?
Believe me when I tell you I’ve been exactly where you are and I know exactly how you feel.
Thats why I wrote this book. Its the book I wish I’d had to read when I was planning my first trip.
It’s just a short read, but it’s packed full of helpful advice to help you feel more confident about your trip.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Workpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Workpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- 12Go – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then 12Go is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and air travel.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.