Explore Central America...
If you hadn’t already noticed I love Central America and have spent a lot of time in Guatemala especially. I lived there for around 9 months and go back when I can.
I have a lot of very detailed travel guides to Guatemala and a few guides for other countries in Central America including Belize and Costa Rica.
My most popular countries
My top Central America posts
- The Best Yoga Retreat Guatemala
- Study Spanish in Guatemala
- Where to Stay in Guatemala City
- How to get from Guatemala City to Antigua
- How to Travel Ethically in Guatemala
- Safety Advice for Solo Female Travelers in Guatemala
- What to pack for Central America
- What to pack for the rainy season
- The Complete Guide to the Acatenango Volcano Hike
- Backpacking Guatemala in 2 weeks
- The Ultimate guide to visiting Copan Ruins from Guatemala
- The Cheapest way to see Tikal in Guatemala
Download my packing list
Feeling totally overwhelmed?
Don’t worry it’s normal, especially if you are planning your first trip. Or considering a big life change like becoming a digital nomad.
If there is something specific that you want hep with then I offer 121 advice sessions at a cost of $100 per session.
You simply fill out a form telling me what you want to talk about. We book in an hour slot and I do a little research to prepare for our session.
Once the session is over I’ll send you any notes and follow up things we talked about like links to great websites, personalized travel itineraries etc within 24 hours.
Explore my Central America blog posts
In this guide, I will share with you the best way to get from Guatemala airport to Antigua including private
Is Guatemala safe? That was my first question when deciding on a place to learn Spanish. I’m not going to
Thinking of traveling from Antigua to El Paredon? El Paredon is my favorite beach in Guatemala and just a short
Is the Acatenango hike top of your Guatemala to-do list? If you are planning a trip to Guatemala you need
Planning a visit to San Pedro La Laguna in Guatemala? Having spent the best part of a year living in
Thinking of traveling to Guatemala in 2021 during COVID? If you are then you are probably wondering, “can I travel
Looking for a 4 week Guatemala itinerary? 1 month in Guatemala is the perfect time to see the highlights of
When in Guatemala, Chichicastenango market is a must-do travel bucket list item. Now if you are going purely for the
Backpacking in Central America? Getting a bus from Tikal to Tulum isn’t so straightforward. Mexico is an obvious next stop
Are you looking for the best things to do in Guatemala? Then look no further in this guide I’m going
If you are thinking of visiting Antigua Guatemala good job! You are going to LOVE it. Antigua is one of
Thinking of visiting Semuc Champey Guatemala? Doing a Semuc Champey tour was one of the best decisions I made on
Do you want to learn Spanish in Guatemala? One of the best things I did while traveling in Latin America
Planning to travel to Central America and worried about being in an earthquake in Guatemala? They are so common in
I don’t write too many personal posts. However, every now and then something crazy happens and it warrants a post
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? Well to help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Workpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodationg then you need Workpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- 12Go – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then 12Go is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and air travel.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digita Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.