Looking for the perfect Christmas gift ideas for travel lovers? Or maybe you need a birthday gift for a travel fan? Whatever the reason you are looking to buy a present for the traveler in your life I’ve got you covered.
Everything included in this gift guide for female travelers I love and use myself. They are all things I could not travel without. Although I have included a few nonessentials that I just really like because they are shiny haha.
Gift Ideas for Travel Lovers
Under $10 stocking fillers for travelers
If you are looking for a stocking filler you can’t go wrong with a travel notebook. Every traveler needs a cute place to write their hopes, dreams and travel plans, right?
I love this cute passport holder and it’s a perfect stocking filler to keep your traveler’s most prized possession safe! \
If the traveler in your life loves good coffee then this is the perfect gift. The gift of good coffee wherever you are in the world. I normally travel with my Aeropress but if I’m super tight on space then this is my backup.
This is such a steal! I love this toiletry bag. It’s hard-wearing, looks good and is waterproof.
I know they aren’t so pretty, but oh so practical! I have my mermaid in my checked luggage but this is what I use for my carry on. I hate using single-use plastic so I prefer using my Squeeze Bag.
If you read my blog regularly you will know I hate single-use plastic. But I also prefer to sip my Mojito through a straw. I always travel with my own metal straws now.
Whenever I’m traveling I always like to keep my dirty and clean clothes separate so I love these laundry bags. Most of the time I don’t do my own laundry so having these bags means I can keep my dirty stuff separate and I also have a bag to carry my clothes to the laundry in. This is such a good practical gift for travel lovers.
Gifts for travelers under $20
What better gift to inspire any traveler in your life. I have this and I could quite happily spend an evening flicking through and making lists in my notebook of places I want to go and things I want to see.
I’m a little obsessed with these on-point money boxes with travel quotes on them. It makes parting with my change so much easier.
I picked up my set of To-Go Ware while I was in Hawaii and I love it. I just keep it in my bag and use it all the time on the road. Perfect travel gift for anyone who loves to eat out but hates to use plastic cutlery.
Not only does it come in some great colors, but it’s also sleek and stylish and BPA free! As someone who always has her hands full, being able to open it one-handed is pretty perfect, it’s leak-proof AND it’s good for hot or cold. In fact, sometimes it is a bit too good and my coffee is so hot even after a few hours in there it burns me.
I bought one of these for me and one for my friend for her birthday. I’m so in love with it. Yes I know it’s not safe to keep all of your things in one place while you are traveling so I do split some things up and keep some old credit cards in her for safety. But I don’t care, I still love it and it’s just as good to keep everything together in between trips as it is while you are traveling.
Travel gifts under $50
I am obsessed with this necklace. Seriously, I’ve not taken it off since I received it as a gift. I love my rose gold one and it’s a great gift for female travelers. It takes up no space and it goes with everything. It’s been up volcanos, swam with whale sharks, and I’m sure it has many more adventures with me still to come.
I love my Pura Vida bracelets and rings. Not only do they look super cute but they also work to support local people in Costa Rica. To take a look at their full range click here.
I love my travel towel from Batinibay and never travel without it now.
Blow the budget gift ideas for travelers
I wrote a whole post about finally getting a Kindle and once you do, you won’t regret it! I’ll never give up buying proper books but I will never travel without my Kindle. There have been so many times I’ve been stuck somewhere with no books to read in a non-English speaking country. With a Kindle all you need is WiFi and you can download as many books as you like! The battery lasts for a week and its screen means you can read it on the beach.
Love traveling but can’t be offline? If like me the travel lover in your life needs uninterrupted access to the internet for work (or to keep in touch with home) then this is perfect. I’ve been using mine for a while now and love it. You can read more about my experience with the TEPPY here.
Want to save money? Then use code CLAIRESITCHYFEET for a 10% discount on sales and rental for the TEPPY, valid for 100 uses only though so be quick!
Girls this is a must for keeping your stuff safe! Unless you like lugging everything around with you that is? All you need is something that can’t be moved in your hostel/ hotel room and you wrap it around lock it down and you can get on with exploring!
When I decided I needed to trade in my bulky DSLR after many hours of research this was the camera that came out on top. It’s small and indiscreet and I love the vintage look of it. Having traveled with it for 2 years now I’m so happy with my choice. If you are looking for a camera to take great quality pictures and videos then this is the camera for you.
A GoPro is a perfect gift for the adventurer traveler in your life. I personally have a GoPro Hero 2018 and it does what I need. There are more expensive models but I decided to go with this entry model as I just couldn’t justify the extra $ right now… But if I could I would be buying a Hero 7.
This baby has traveled the world with me for over 2 years now and I love it! It is the perfect size for weekend trips and day trips. I use it as my front pack when I’m backpacking and I also take it out with me as a daypack whenever I need one. I wrote a full review of it here.
Ok so maybe this isn’t something you might want to pack in your suitcase… BUT I can’t even tell you how amazing the Chirp Wheel is for my back in between trips. I have a set of three and I travel with the small one and leave the bigger two at home. It’s perfect for rolling out travel-related back knots! Use code CLAIRE15 for 15% off!
Phew! So that’s my travel gift guide for the travel lovers in your life. I’d love to know if you have any of these? or if you have any more gift ideas, please feel free to share in the comments below.
This post was proofread by Grammarly
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Workpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Workpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- 12Go – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then 12Go is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and air travel.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.