Planning a vacation to Mexico can be really overwhelming with so many vacation hot spots to choose from. Cancun offers both fun and relaxation for a well-rounded stay with long stretches of white sand beaches, great nightlife, and plenty of great shops and restaurants. The only thing more difficult than choosing the right Mexico destination is trying to decide where you want to stay. Cancun is home to dozens of hotels, resorts, motels, and vacation rentals–so how do you know what the best option is?
I highly recommend Cancun timeshare rentals as a lesser-known, but an awesome option for anyone’s Mexico vacation. Timeshare rentals give you all of the perks and benefits of the luxury vacation ownership resorts, but you don’t have to worry about the lifelong commitment of actually buying a timeshare. Cancun timeshare rentals are advertised by-owner and provide what I consider to be the best way to stay in this fantastic destination.
One big concern for many travelers is trying to find accommodations to book that don’t break the bank. Staying in a timeshare rental may feel expensive, but these units are offered at incredibly low rates that are perfect for whatever your budget may be. This is because owners will rent out their timeshares if they can’t travel during a given year. These timeshares will be advertised for rent, priced often to cover annual maintenance fees. This results in significant savings for those looking for a vacation rental. In fact, Cancun timeshare rentals are often priced lower per night than other area hotels so you can be sure you’re really getting a great deal!
I have found that lower prices certainly does not mean low quality when it comes to these timeshare rentals. In fact, timeshares offer more spacious and well-equipped accommodations options than your average hotel or resort. It’s also very convenient because you can find timeshare rentals available in many different sizes to suit the needs of you and your travel group. Studios, one-, two-, three-, and even four-bedroom suites can be found when browsing Cancun timeshare resorts. Not only are timeshare rentals spacious, but they come with all the comforts of home including full and partial kitchens, living rooms, dining tables, one or more full bathrooms, laundry machines, jetted tubs, private balconies, and lots of other amenities. Everything you need all in one suite! Many beachfront resorts will even offer accommodations with ocean views for an added touch of luxury.
Variety of Resort Options
You’ll have so many options when searching for the perfect Cancun timeshares to rent. Some of the top timeshare resorts in Cancun include Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, Royal Sands Cancun, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, And Palace Resorts at Moon Palace Golf and Spa.
There is a resort for every type of vacationer. Looking for sunbathing and water sports? Many Cancun resorts are beachfront properties, perfect for a relaxing getaway. Other resorts feature golf courses and rejuvenating spa services for a full vacation experience without leaving the grounds. Then there are resorts that are located steps away from bars and nightclubs, ideal for those looking to make the most of Cancun after dark.
Wealth of Amenities
These top-rated resorts don’t only have the best locations, they also have some really cool amenities to add more value to your stay. You’re probably used to staying in hotels with an indoor pool and a small gym, but these Cancun timeshare resorts have so much more to offer. While amenities will vary by each resort, you can be sure to find some exceptional features such as:
- Swimming pools with slides, waterfalls, and poolside bars
- Hot tubs and saunas
- Resort bars and restaurants
- Fitness centers and sports courts
- Full-service spas
- Live entertainment
- Scheduled activities and kids clubs
Quick and Easy Booking
Cancun timeshare rentals are just as easy to book as any hotel or resort and can be done right online with a 100-percent reservation guarantee. There is no need to jump through hoops or deal with the timeshare owners directly. The majority of rentals can be done with the click of a button, making the whole process simple and stress-free to set you up for a great Mexico getaway.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.