There are a lot of us that aspire to be on airplanes and on the road as much as possible in life. We want to experience new cultures, new traditions, and new foods as much as we want to see landmarks and beaches that make our souls sing. Travel is one of the things that make life feel wonderful and it gives you something to look forward to. The thing is, traveling is expensive, and we are all living for ways to save for our next adventure.
There is a whole world out there and without travel, we wouldn’t get to see it. Many of us work hard to travel to those exotic lands – no matter how out of reach they seem. Saving up to get there? Well, that’s not always easy, but with the help of paying off debts and help from places like Greenpath Financial, you can make it easier. Below, we’ve put together five ways you can save for your next travel adventure.
Five Ways To Save For Your Next Travel Adventure
- Give yourself a budget. Where do you want to go? Make a list, then work out the costs of your trip. Once you know the costs, you know where you should be aiming for. Make a budget that details where you want to go and how much you need to save and once you have that you can work toward your savings goal.
- Create a vision board. A good way to hit your savings goal is to see what you’re aiming for. So, whether it’s camping in the next town over or you plan to go long-haul to Australia, you need to stick pictures on the refrigerator and have a new screensaver for the destination you want to go.
- Set up a debit. You need to decide on the monthly amount you plan to save, and then have it come out of your bank and into your savings account automatically. By setting up a travel debit, you can have your savings build up without you even seeing it.
- Speak to a travel agent. By paying money toward an adventure in installments, you secure your booking and the incentive to finish paying for it is there because you know if you don’t, you lose that booking! You need to speak to an expert in travel, though, as they will be able to help you to find the best possible deal.
- Make sacrifices. If you really want adventures in travel, you need to give up some of the things that you love. You need to really be harsh with your essentials and non-essentials, and use the money you save towards your travels.
Global travel is a possibility for anyone who wants it – all you have to do is set goals and assess where your money is right now. Once you have a plan in place, you can be on your way to your new travel destination comfortable in the knowledge you didn’t get into debt for it. Where would you go on your next adventure?
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.