A trip to the “Air Capital of the World,” Wichita, Kansas, offers plenty of uplifting things to do, see, and experience. If it’s your first time visiting the city, you’ll find Old Town of particular interest. It’s home to many shops, restaurants, and nightclubs. You won’t be hard up for entertainment while visiting the city because there is so much to participate in.
The Best Places to Stay in Wichita
Finding reasonable downtown Wichita hotels to stay in is easy when you’ve done some research. The Hyatt Regency Wichita is one of the standout options because of the generous amenities provided. If location is important to you, you’ll love the idea of being close to all the excitement offered at Old Town. The hotel is a short, complimentary ride away from its many antique shops, restaurants, bars and pubs, museums, and live entertainment.
The Hotel at Old Town is another favorite of travelers. It’s independently-owned and upscale. Tourists and seasoned travelers alike enjoy this hotel for its personal touch when it comes to service and recommendations.
After deciding where you want to stay, you’ll then want to come up with some things you can do to fill up your days and evenings while in Wichita. The family-friendly city is perfect for kids and adults alike. Even if you’re traveling solo, you’ll find the atmosphere very inviting. Being located right in Old Town makes it so you can walk to your destination, take a quick ride via cab or rideshare app, or take the free downtown bus.
Things to Do in Wichita
There are many things to do in Wichita which makes it easy to personalize your trip. If you feel like sightseeing, you’ll find walking around Old Town fun. There you will find the Warren Oldtown Theatre and Grill featuring multiple movie screens and a full menu of food and beverage options to enjoy. Pinot’s Palette offers art classes and wine, a winning combination!
There is also the Museum of World Treasures to explore, Mort’s Cigar Bar for fans of cigars, the Loony Bin Comedy Club for a laugh a minute, and lots of dining experiences to enjoy. Some of the most popular restaurants in the area include River City Brewing Co., Taste and See, Bite Me BBQ, Old Mill Tasty Shop, The Anchor, and Sabor Latin Bar & Grille.
Enjoy Everything Old Town Wichita Has to Offer
Old Town Wichita has so many great hotels, restaurants, shops, and entertainment options. It’s really a hidden gem when it comes to tourist spots. Best of all, you don’t even need to go far to have a premium experience because everything that you could possibly want to do is located downtown.
It doesn’t matter if you ride down that Old Town road on horse, or simply fly in. Wichita has something for everyone. For the history buffs and treasure seekers, the city’s museums top the list. For food aficionados, nothing beats a good homemade burger or doughnut. People wanting to experience the nightlife love bars such as Brick Yard, Barleycorn’s, and Club Indigo where there are routine specials that bring in a crowd.
Book your trip now
Are you ready to book your trip? To help you get the best deals and service here are the companies that I personally use to book all of my travel online. I always shop around before booking anything, but these are my tried and tested starting places.
- Skyscanner – I’m a bit fan of Skyscanner, it is who I use to book all of my flights. I often will check other like Google Flights or Momodo, but I always go here first and it is who I book 99% of my flights with.
- Booking.com – I LOVE booking.com especially when I can book and cancel free up until a certain point, mostly because my plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – I’m not a huge user of Airbnb, but sometimes I do like to use it, and I ALWAYS check it before I book anything else. You can get some really cool places to stay here, and it is especially good in places like Cuba. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hostelworld – If you are looking for hostels then this is a great place to check first. They often have additional places that you won’t find on Bookin.com.
- Agoda – Although I don’t use it as much as booking.com, Agonda is especially good if you are traveling in Asia as they really do dominate there.
- Worldpackers – If you want to travel on the cheap and save money on accommodation then you need Worldpackers in your life. You can read more about it here. If you click this link to sign up and use the code CLAIRESITCHYFEET then you can get a 40% discount on your membership!
- Book a Way – If you are traveling in Asia and want to pre-book your transportation then bookaway.com is a fantastic site to do so. They have buses, trains, and cars.
- RentalCars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Welcome Pickups – Very occasionally getting from the airport to my accommodation is a total pain in the butt, or I’m traveling in a group and it makes sense to arrange a pickup. When I do I use Welcome pickups.
- World Nomads – If you are looking for flexible travel insurance then it’s World Nomads all the way. I wrote all about insurance here if you want a more thorough review.
- SafetyWing – AsI’m a Digital Nomad and not moving around quite so much anymore I personally use SafetyWing now for my health insurance. I wrote a full review here.
- Viatour – Sometimes it can be a little expensive, but I like Viatour for somethings, especially if you can get a discount code! It’s also great for inspiration.
- Klook – If you are traveling in Asia, then Klook is great! You can book all kinds of tours, activities, and train tickets, plus they even have sim cards and WiFi.